November 7, 2007
I’ve been tagged by Sarah!
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I’m an only child.
- Before starting to knit, I was a voracious reader. This started at a young age. (See #1.)
- Now that I’m a knitter, I do most of my pleasure “reading” by Audiobook while knitting. It’s a bit slower than reading a physical book, but better than not reading at all!
- Number 3 notwithstanding, the most recent book I read was a physical book: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It was worth putting down the knitting.
- Number 4 notwithstanding, my favorite genre of literature is military history. World War II is probably my favorite subject, but I also really enjoy reading about the more recent conflicts as well.
- My guilty pleasure TV show is Las Vegas.
- I was born “tongue-tied” and didn’t have it repaired until I was in the fourth grade. As a result, I didn’t learn to whistle until I was in high school… and though I love music and can generally carry a tune, I’m a piss poor whistler.
- I do not like it when people arrange for birthday cake and singing at a restaurant. It’s fine when it’s for other people, but the very idea that it might happen to me, well, it kind of freaks me out. (I think this may be linked to a restaurant my family went to when I was a kid where the celebration included clowns and banging on a drum. Though it was not my birthday, the first time I saw it I must have made my parents swear 1,000 times that they weren’t going to come to our table!)
I don't usually do these kinds of things, but since my knitting content is so unspeakably lame these days I figured it couldn't hurt. I am going to break one of the "rules" above, and say that whoever would like to do this meme can consider themselves tagged by me!
Posted by shannon at November 7, 2007 4:01 PM | For related posts:
I have started listening to more and more audiobooks too - but I still try to read the actual books whenever I can. Nothing quite like that :)
...don't worry, I am a piss poor whistler too. In fact, it sounds like you are better than me.
Posted by: Lolly at November 8, 2007 8:18 AM