November 7, 2007
I’ve been tagged by Sarah!
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
- I’m an only child.
- Before starting to knit, I was a voracious reader. This started at a young age. (See #1.)
- Now that I’m a knitter, I do most of my pleasure “reading” by Audiobook while knitting. It’s a bit slower than reading a physical book, but better than not reading at all!
- Number 3 notwithstanding, the most recent book I read was a physical book: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It was worth putting down the knitting.
- Number 4 notwithstanding, my favorite genre of literature is military history. World War II is probably my favorite subject, but I also really enjoy reading about the more recent conflicts as well.
- My guilty pleasure TV show is Las Vegas.
- I was born “tongue-tied” and didn’t have it repaired until I was in the fourth grade. As a result, I didn’t learn to whistle until I was in high school… and though I love music and can generally carry a tune, I’m a piss poor whistler.
- I do not like it when people arrange for birthday cake and singing at a restaurant. It’s fine when it’s for other people, but the very idea that it might happen to me, well, it kind of freaks me out. (I think this may be linked to a restaurant my family went to when I was a kid where the celebration included clowns and banging on a drum. Though it was not my birthday, the first time I saw it I must have made my parents swear 1,000 times that they weren’t going to come to our table!)
I don't usually do these kinds of things, but since my knitting content is so unspeakably lame these days I figured it couldn't hurt. I am going to break one of the "rules" above, and say that whoever would like to do this meme can consider themselves tagged by me!